Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Occupy Graphix

Here are two related graphics I've created over the last several months for various Occupy Wall Street events. Feel free to use them for anything you like :)  ...read below & you'll see that I have no real ownership over the image, anyway!





Read below the jump to learn how I made them...


Basically, the image is a rip-off of another drawing:

I don't know who did it, but someone put it on one of our early flyers & I liked the look of it, but it looks like we're Mexican peasants or something, so I traced a bunch of faces from various Occupy Wall Street photographs by putting a piece of paper over my laptop's screen:

became
 |
 \/
(haha the first time I did the black guy's face it came out really bad and clownish-looking!)

Then I used photoshop to put these drawn faces over the campesino faces, modified their clothes, touched up the background & altered some of the figures a little bit. This step takes much more time than you might think (several hours, and I'm pretty good at it), but it's really important...and voila!


No comments:

Post a Comment